From Core Battery Studies to Screening Tests
Safety pharmacological evaluation are essential for understanding any potential risks with your candidate. CMIC provides consistent services from screening to GLP studies and clinical studies. Our experts provide cardiovascular testing in special facilities using innovative techniques, perform infusion administration in dogs and monkeys, and provide arrhythmia analysis by 24-hour full waveform using a Telemetry or Holter electrocardiograph.
Core Battery Studies:
- Cardiovascular system: cardiovascular function study using unrestrained conscious animals (monkeys, dogs and rats) by telemetry or holter method, hERG current measurement study (HEK293 and CHO cells) and action potential duration (APD) test using isolated papillary muscle (guinea pigs)
- Respiratory system: respiratory function study by whole body plethysmograph using unrestrained conscious animals (mice and rats); respiratory rate measurement and/or blood gas analysis using unrestrained conscious animals (dogs and monkeys)
- Central nervous system: functional observation battery (FOB) tests study (rats, dogs and monkeys); modified Irwin test (mice and rats)
- Cardiac function (echo cardiogram and catheter test) / QT prolongation test under anesthesia (rats, dogs and monkeys)
- Monophasic action potential (MAP) test (dogs)
- Cardiovascular test with complete atrioventricular block (Collaboration with Yamanashi Research Center of Clinical Pharmacology) (dogs)
- CMIC Bioresearch Center (Japan) of Clinical Pharmacology: provides testing services using pathological animal models such as chronic atrioventricular block (AV-Block) model as well as testing services to evaluate the effect of drugs on cardiovascular function (QT prolongation, cardiac function) under the instruction of Professor Atsushi Sugiyama, Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Toho University.
- Cardiovascular function test in non-anesthetized animals
- Ionic current measurement screening tests in collaboration with ChanneloSearch Technology. Our experts conduct current measurement tests using cell lines expressing various ion channels provided by ChanneloSearch Technology. For more information on ChanneloSearch Technology, visit: http://www.channelosearch.com/
- Ionic current measurement screening tests using auto patch clump in collaboration with Sophion Bioscience. For more information on Sophion Bioscience, visit: http://sophion.com/
- Studies on gastrointestinal system influences
- Electrolyte studies
|Core Battery Study, Cardiovascular system||√||√||√||√|
|Core Battery Study, Respiratory system||√||√|
Core Battery Study,
Central nervous system
Follow up study,
Cardiac function / QT prolongation
Follow up study,
Nav, Cav, BK, Kv, TASK1 etc.